01 Jun Why You Should Cover Water & Mold Damage
Not only does spring and summer bring the dangers of hail and hurricanes, but severe weather also causes the most tornados in the world, right here in the USA.. This spring already has witnessed the deadliest tornado activity in nearly a decade. In April alone, 14 severe tornadoes were recorded. The impact cost dozens of lives and billions of dollars in damage and insured losses.
Contractors that are unable to work hail storms and tornados should consider expanding their services to include fire, water, and mold restoration as a way to offset a decrease in weather-related claims. If your claims department isn’t able to file claims for these services, Balance can. Balance helps you by writing the mitigation bid as well as the rebuild and working with you throughout the whole claim process.
Here’s a few statistics to change your mind:
- 14,000 people in the U.S. experience a water damage emergency at home or work each day.
- 98% of basements in the U.S. will experience some type of water damage during their lifetime.
- The annual cost to insurance companies from water damage and mold in the U.S. is $2.5 billion.
- In 2018, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated 1.3 million fires.
- Those 1.3 million fires caused $25.6 billion in property damage.
As a 3rd party claims administrator, we can take on the process for water, mold, and fire damage claims to save you time increasing the efficiency of your business. We have the largest claims admin department comprised of educated and accredited Xactimate experts, which means you will not have to worry about the accuracy of any claim or supplement ever. We pride ourselves in helping our customers grow their business by offering the highest level of estimating, claim management, insurance billing, file management, funding, advocacy, and consulting.
Bottom line: we remove the hassle from you by managing your claim from start to finish. So, if you are ready to add fire, mold, and water remediation services to your business, we are ready to help.